Here’s a capsule look at the five players to gain access into all open, full-field events on the 2023 PGA TOUR Champions, beginning at the Chubb Classic in Naples in February.
- Richard Green (medalist, 18 under)Hometown: Geelong, Australia (outside Melbourne)PGA TOUR starts: 43Best finish: T4, 2007 The Open ChampionshipPGA TOUR Champions starts: 3Best finish: T41, 2022 The Senior Open Championship presented by Rolex
- Wes Short, Jr. (solo second, 14 under)Hometown: Austin, TexasPGA TOUR starts: 94Best finish: Win, 2005 Shriners Children’s OpenPGA TOUR Champions starts: 213Best finish: Win, twice
- Tim O’Neal (T3, 13 under)Hometown: Savannah, GeorgiaPGA TOUR starts: 8Best finish: N/APGA TOUR Champions starts: 2Best finish: T19, 2022 PURE Insurance Championship
- David McKenzie (T3, 13 under)Hometown: Melbourne, AustraliaPGA TOUR starts: 29Best finish: Seventh, 2006 Valero Texas OpenPGA TOUR Champions starts: 102Best finish: Runner-up, twice
- Brian Cooper (T3, 13 under)Hometown: Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaPGA TOUR starts: 0PGA TOUR Champions starts: 10Best finish: T43, 2019 Principal Charity Classic